Words can hurt



Bullying:present participle of bul·ly
Verb: Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her 
to do what one wants.

It needs to be stopped, right now. I am so sick of how people are being treated.  I was an innocent victim, and I just found out the truth right now. I want to punch a certain someone so hard in the face. I went through two years of hell and it was all a set up to get revenge on someone else. I did nothing. I was used as a tool for someone to get back at a friend of mine. I lived in confusion of how it was happening, until now. My bully was asked to insult me, not meant to cause that much harm. I didn't know this person and I had no idea how they knew me, but now I know. But then it went out of control and got worse and worse. Now that I know the truth,  I'm so angry beyond belief at this moment. I want to punch a wall.


Whether it's verbal, emotional, cyber, or physical, it all hurts just as much. We've all heard of it and have seen it happen. But have we done anything to stop it? Some of us have experienced it, and those of us know it's not a good feeling.


Bullying that has become more and more common these days is Cyber Bullying. With all kinds of technology out there it makes it even more possible. That's the kind of bullying I went through. It all started out as a simple IM, and dragged on for another two years, crying almost every day, having a mini heart attack every time I got a text, fearing what each day would bring, hating myself, hurting. And it ended in shattered confidence and destroyed self esteem. Almost a year has gone by since it ended, and I'm recovering, slowly gaining it back. If one good thing came out of this, I'm not afraid anymore. Anything anyone does to be will seem like nothing compared to what I went through. I'm not scared to stand up for myself and fight back anymore. I'm done letting people walk all over me.

But for some people, the bullying goes on longer and is much worse. It just keeps going for them and they may never gain their confidence back. It's not right, they don't deserve to live like that.

The most false phrase in the world is this- "Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can not hurt me."


Words tore me apart. They torture so many people. Words were what I feared every day.

Ugly. I hate that word, and I always will. I was called ugly so many times, the word will never leave my thoughts.

You're ugly. No one will ever love you. You'll never get a boyfriend. Everyone hates you. Your best friend secretly hates you. You're a loser. Lame. Annoying. Stupid. 




So in reality, words can hurt like a punch in the gut. They can scare you. Those awful words used to make me tremble and cry, literally. And it's not okay.


Why is the world so cruel? That we will never know. People are jerks and usually bullies are just insecure. They may be pretty on the outside but they're ugly on the inside. You will be successful one day, don't let them ruin your pride. I know it's easier said than done.



If any of you are going through this and need someone to talk to, you can always talk to me. I know what it feels like and I'm here for anyone who needs help. Luckily, I didn't have to go through my bullying experience alone, but others might not be so lucky.

If you ever need someone friendly to talk to, come to me. It doesn't matter if you don't know me, I'll still help you. I know I wouldn't have gotten through without the friend I had.
Even if it's not me you talk to, talk to someone. Don't keep it bottled up inside, you'll regret it.

Just remember you aren't alone.




So even when you think it couldn't get any worse, try to remember that things will get better. I thought I'd be living with that bully for years to come, but it has finally ended and the mystery is solved. I'm getting better, and you will too. If you see bullying happening, be a friend and stop it. Comment or do a post about this if you agree with me.

You guys have also helped me get through. Just by following my blog, leaving a comment, or saying you like my blog or writing just means so much to me. So thank you all.

You're beautiful, it's just hard to believe it.

post signature