I've hit a dead end. Again.


I feared this would happen, and I prayed it wouldn't, but it did. I've been stuck for a while now, since the end of July. I'm so angry and frustrated at myself. But I just can't push myself anymore. 
I have lost all ambition with writing Flawed. Only 12 chapters in, I think this story is taking a large break. I am really upset with myself for kinda giving up. But, I just don't have the drive to write more of it, you know what I mean? This happened to me with my last project too. Ugh.

I thought the plot was strong enough, but I guess it's not after all. I am still in love with the whole mystery of this story and I'm proud of myself for coming up with it, but I just don't feel like writing it. I just lost interest I guess, I don't know really. 

I could say this is another failure. But that'd be rude to myself, because Flawed definitely wasn't a failure at all. It set some personal records for me. 
1. I wrote over 30k for it, which I've never done for a book before.
2. It got the best rank (Low 100's) of all my books I've ever put on Inkpop.
3. It got the most picks of anything I've ever put on Inkpop. 

Other than those record things, I think this book really helped me grow as a writer too. I learned A LOT from critiques I got on it. I think it was the best thing I've written so far. 
I guess I can call it progress, not failure. I'm still disappointed in myself though. I really thought I was going to finish this thing quickly. I guess it's going to take a lot longer than I expected. 

Do any of you guys go through this? I feel like I'm the only one. Have you ever dropped/ lost interest a project? Lost ambition to write it even though you love writing in general? Please let me know I'm not alone if you've ever done this.
I don't even know if I can call it writer's block, because I know what happens, I just don't want to make it happen, you know? And I don't have time to write, or promote it on Inkpop for that matter.

I went on today and saw the rank, it is horrible now. I wanted to cry. It lost a bunch of picks too. I just don't have time with school. 

I know a few of you guys really like Flawed, and I thank you so much for that. Your support means the world to me and it's so nice to know people actually like what I write. It's the best feeling in the world to me. So thank you to all who have supported Flawed. <3

BUT on the bright side of things, I have a new book idea! The plot isn't strong enough yet, I don't know what to do to make it exciting yet. I have the basic idea down though. I even have a cover, a few titles, and characters in mind. I'm scared to start it though because I don't want it to end up like Flawed. 
Want me to tell you guys about it? Leave comments! 

So yeah, Flawed is taking a large break. I will pick it up again some day when the inspiration comes (Hopefully it does.) Thanks to everyone who read it. Also, if you guys have any writing tips on like how to avoid dead ends like this, please let me know! Do you guys recommend outlining? What do you do to not hit a dead end? I need some help! 



post signature