Is it just me, or do A LOT of dancers blog?



It seems like every blog I go to, the person is a dancer! It's crazy!

Like did any one else notice that occurrence? That A TON of us on here are dancers?

For example out of the people that follow me and that I follow, Marisa, Qui, Amaranthine, Elanor Lawerence, Converse Nerd (I think) and Bailey all dance. There's probably more that I don't even know about! Another girl I follow named Jedi Chick dances too, but she doesn't know about me.




If you're a dancer too and I don't know it, leave a comment!

I just think it's a weird coincidence. Is there something about dancers that makes us want to blog?
I love talking to other dancers about dance. It's just nice to hear outside opinions on things and their favorite types of dance.

Speaking of that, what is your favorite type of dance? Mine is hip hop. That's one type of dance I won't deny I'm pretty good at. Hence why I like it so much. You get to add your own style to it and really challenge yourself. You have to hit everything on the mark and have facial expressions or it looks like crap. I'm in a hip hop duet and a hip hop large group. The hip hop duet is my favorite duet I ever had.



I love Jazz/ Musical Theatre dancing too. Lyrical/ Contemporary is beautiful. Tap is fun. Gymnastics.. I like it but I'm terrible at it. Ballet is just the one I don't like very much. I mean I don't HATE IT. It's just boring.



We did pretty good at competitions. I'm sad it's over. Are any of you on a competition team?



Our recital is in June. I'll have 8 dances. Well 11 if you count the ones I teach and have to memorize to show on the side of the stage so the little dancers don't forget.



And how about those guys that say dance isn't a sport? What do you other dancers think? Here's my opinion-


PFFT! CAN YOU DO A SPLIT? A TRIPLE TURN? KICK YOUR LEG TO YOUR HEAD? HOLD A PERFECT SMILE ON YOUR FACE FOR A LONG TIME? MEMORIZE COUNTLESS COMBINATIONS? STAND ON THE TOP OF YOUR TOES? LOOK GRACEFUL AND PLEASANT WHILE DOING EXTREMELY HARD MOVES?



I DOUBT IT.